Monday, July 10, 2006



<----Will

I play for Montreal Nrg's tier1 team.

NRG is a D3 PSP and Semi-Pro Nppl team. Nothing to be to proud of. Yet, NRG has so much potential and under the perfect circumstances it could be a major contender in the Pro circuit. After the Fiasco of the last PSP Chicago (which I will cover on a later date), I was asked to rebuild the team. I've got to admit that I am not looking forward to this task. I've always believed that great teams, with long-lasting futures, have always been formed by groups of friends whose dedication, trust and loyalty to each other are beyond excellence. Creating this atmosphere will require the right people and attitudes. After Chicago, Will (NRG's owner) and I decided to focus the rest of our season towards the PSP, while using the CXBL as our practice and breeding pool. We've got a core group of players who's dedication is unwavering and this is what I intend to build upon.

My philosopy on team building relies on the notion that players must take responsability for their actions and subsequently take an active role in the maintaining of the team. I don't believe in the power of a supreme owner who controls and directs every action the team takes. The team must be able to make its own judgment, win or lose. This does not mean that the owner cannot be a member of the team. For this reason the players attending the next PSP will be players who firmly demonstrate teamwork, ability to uphold NRG values and beliefs as well as skill and ability.

Photo by: Dale B. photoshopped by Steven G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home